The objectives of The Source Market Association are:
- To offer access to a wide variety of fresh, local, in-season, farm products and handcrafted artisan goods.
- To provide event experiences and connection points in casual settings.
- To enhance neighboring communities; and to support Kansas producers by providing them with direct sales opportunities, stimulating our State’s economy.
- Fostering land stewardship, good health and community-based exchange.
To achieve our objectives, The Source Market Association:
- Secures and manages physical market sites.
- Strives to maintain a diverse selection of products and varieties produced by carefully selected, locally focused, small-scale, Kansas producers.
- Maintains market standards that serve our community’s well being.
- Provides innovative ideas and services to our customers that support producer sales.
- Maintains a strong online presence focused on producer marketing and promotional materials.
- Offers Community Gardens, approved civic groups and non-profit organizations the ability to promote and support their organization's outreach goals.
- Provides professional gardening and culinary consultation to customers, helping them navigate time- and cost-effective solutions (see our Information Booth at the Market!).