Integrating meaningful areas of focus, our Market Standards support wholesome, cost-effective, fresh food choices, environmental health, economic profitability and social and economic equity.
- All vendors must provide proof of applicable insurance, licenses and permits.
- False advertising and dishonest marketing strategies are forbidden.
- Annual inspections may be conducted with Market vendors to help assure products meet Market requirements and aid in identifying steps toward overall Vendor and Market improvement. Old Town Farmers' Market Managers lead a host of programs which has facilitated the formation and expansion of a network of professionals that further support our vendors. Our goal is to be a valued catalyst for the advancement of small-scale, locally focused businesses by serving both Market vendors and the community equally.
Produce and meat/poultry products
- All produce and meat/poultry products must be grown/raised in Kansas.
- Priority is given to produce and meat/poultry products grown/raised by the vendor.
- Priority is given to produce and meat/poultry products grown/raised using environmentally responsible, healthful and humane methods.
- Priority is given to products that are unusual, unique or not adequately represented at the Market.
- Genetically Modified Crops (GMOs) are not permitted to be sold.
Food artisans, bakery and ready to eat food items
- The use of artificial ingredients, including food coloring is prohibited for all foods intended for human consumption.
- Bakery and ready to eat food items must be made by the vendor.
- Priority is given to products that are unique, handmade and of the highest quality.
- Priority is given to vendors who offer foods made from market-purchased items and/or Kansas-produced fresh and healthful ingredients.
- Food items that are not grown and/or processed by the vendor are strictly limited and only eligible for sale upon the approval of the Market Management.
- Beverages not produced by vendor business (i.e. cans of soda or juice and bottled water) are not permitted to be sold.
- Overly processed foods are not permitted to be sold. (As determined by Market Management and the Advisory Committee)
- Any food product from outside the state will be strictly a farmer-to-farmer-to-market product and will be rigorously monitored and limited and only eligible for sale upon the approval of Market Management. (Ex: maple syrup, molasses, apple cider vinegar, etc.)
- Products must be handmade by the artisan.
- Priority is given to vendors who utilize eco-friendly and/or more sustainable practices.
- All crafted products must be of high quality
- We do not accept yard sale/flea market items or products.