Integrating meaningful areas of focus, OTFM's Market Standards support wholesome, cost-effective, fresh food choices, environmental health, economic profitability and social and economic equity.
Our goal is to be a valued catalyst for the advancement of the local food system by serving both Market vendors and the community equally.
- All vendors must provide proof of applicable insurance, licenses and permits.
- False advertising and dishonest marketing strategies are forbidden.
- Annual inspections may be conducted with Market vendors to help assure products meet Market requirements and aid in identifying steps toward overall vendor and Market improvement.
Produce and meat/poultry products
- All produce and meat/poultry products must be grown/raised in Kansas.
- Priority is given to produce and meat/poultry products grown/raised by the vendor.
- Priority is given to produce and meat/poultry products grown/raised using environmentally responsible, healthful and humane methods.
- Priority is given to products that are unusual, unique or not adequately represented at the Market.
- Genetically modified (GMO) crops are not permitted to be sold.
Food artisans, bakery and ready to eat food items
- The use of artificial ingredients, including food coloring is prohibited for all foods intended for human consumption.
- Bakery and ready to eat food items must be made by the vendor.
- Priority is given to products that are unique, handmade and of the highest quality.
- Priority is given to vendors who offer foods made from market-purchased items and/or Kansas-produced fresh and healthful ingredients.
- Food items that are not grown and/or processed by the vendor are strictly limited and only eligible for sale upon the approval of the Market Management.
- Beverages not produced by vendor businesses are not permitted to be sold. (i.e. cans of soda or juice and bottled water)
- Overly processed foods are not permitted to be sold. (As determined by Market Management)
- Any food product from outside the state will be strictly a farmer-to-farmer-to-market product and will be rigorously monitored, limited and only eligible for sale upon the approval of Market Management. (Ex: maple syrup, molasses, apple cider vinegar, etc.)
- Products must be handmade by the artisan.
- Priority is given to vendors who utilize eco-friendly and/or more sustainable practices.
- All crafted products must be of high quality.
- We do not accept yard sale/flea market items or products.