How would you like to be THE special event at the Market?
Reach your target audience and support your Farmers' Market.
We understand that the purchasing decisions made by chefs serve as models to the community. Prioritizing sustainable, locally produced, fresh ingredients in their menus enables chefs to create delicious, real food, while directly supporting area farmers.
For only $200.00 you will receive:
- A complimentary article in the Market's ICT Foodshed Blog that will introduce the chef, restaurant and link to the recipe(s) demonstrated. Reach 20,000+
- The event and chef will be featured in the Market’s weekly promotions.
- Chefs can expect promoted, strategic social media posts highlighting their involvement. Reach: 6000+
- The chef will have the opportunity to share their menu, flyers, brochures, etc. with Market goers. Additional signage is encouraged.
- The chef will have the chance to be featured at the Market and to promote themselves to the live Market audience.
- Use in-season market ingredients (as many as possible)
- Other ingredients should be minimally processed
- Recipes should be easy to prepare, affordable, healthy and, of course, taste great!
- Include practical tips when possible.
- Demonstration should be fun and engaging.
- Participating chefs may choose to work with the Market's demonstration chef, Krista Sanderson with Eat Real America, bring an assistant or work independently.
The Market will provide:
- One 10'x10' shade canopy
- One 12'x20' shade canopy and chairs for observers
- Three 6' tables
- A handwashing station
- Two gas burners
- A standard-size propane grill
- A sound system with microphones
- Promotions as described above
The chef will provide:
- Additional cooking equipment and utensils
- Chefs are expected to purchase as many Market ingredients as possible for their demonstration.
- 2 hours: Chef demonstrations take place Saturday mornings from 9:00 to 10:00.
- Tastings should be about 2 Tbsp to ¼ cup in size and servings for 20-25 people, which is subject to change.